Friday, November 20, 2015

Friday Randomness - Blog Neglect Edition

Oh, hey there blog.  Sorry I have been neglecting you. 

Ergh.  I really haven’t even been that busy, outside of the normal hustle and bustle, I just haven’t been very chatty.  But now I’m all about chatting, so get ready…

Clean.
Last Monday I made an official effort to eat clean and exercise.  We had just gotten home from ATL and I was so tired of eating like crap and feeling like crap and just being overall crappy, so I did something about it.  Eating clean is easy once you get into a groove.  I always feel like it’s this horrible, terrible nuisance, but it’s not bad at all.  Protein, complex carbs, fruits and veggies, that’s what I’ve been doing lately and it’s been awesome.  And I quit the Diet Coke again.  Yay!  I feel 1000% better and feel good about myself again.  Seriously, it’s just good for me.

Workin’ It.
In addition to the eating clean, I hopped back on that workout wagon (again).  I got three run/walks in last week and two strength workouts.  That was my goal, and I met it, so I am happy about that.  This week, I’m still going strong.  I’m impressed with myself.  I also have a 5K next week, so there’s that. 

Turkey Trot.
My dad and I will be turkey trotting again this year on Thanksgiving morning.  I can't wait.  Last year it was so cold, this year it looks like it's going to be warm and humid, so that is a good thing.  I like this race a lot because I've been running it off and on since high school, so it always brings back nice memories.  And it's always nice to know you've got a workout in before you eat your weight in stuffing.


Turkey Trot 2014.  I look bald in this picture.

Thanksgiving week.
I am looking forward to undoing all of the good I have been doing these past couple of weeks by eating all of the things on Thanksgiving.  And really, the whole week leading up to it.  Ha, I kid.  Sort of.  Jillian and I are going down to Clearwater on Monday because I have the week off of work, so I will be helping my mom put together the food for Thanksgiving Day all week – baking, building the world’s greatest stuffing (my mom’s is the best), all of that fun.  I cannot wait.  Hubs will meet us there on Wednesday since he has to work, and then my in-laws will drive down on Thursday for the big day.  I heart Thanksgiving.
  
Tori Kelly.



I saved Tori Kelly’s Unbreakable Smile album (do people still call them albums?) to my Spotify a few months ago and never got around listening to the entire album, so I’m a little late to the party with her.  But day-um!  It’s SO GOOD!  There were a few songs where I literally yelled out, to no one in particular (because I was blissfully home alone last night cooking dinner and blasting music), “damn girl, you go!”  She’s got a crazy awesome voice.  Unbreakable Smile will be on heavy rotation around here for a while.

Spawned.


I mentioned a while back that I am all about podcasts right now (late to the party on that too).  I got all caught up on my Happier podcast (I listened to all 38 back episodes within a couple of week – I am a machine!).  Since I was all caught up, I had nothing to listen to, so I had to find a new podcast to get hooked on.  And I did.  I heard a promo for Spawned during an episode of Happier, and Kristin and Liz just made me want to listen to them through their promo.  Spawned is a podcast put on by the two mom’s behind Cool Mom Picks and it talks about all kinds of topics for busy moms.  And it’s not all about kids and stuff, so I really like it.  

Laryngitis. 
Jillian brought home the creeping crud from school last week again and has another icky cough. Poor baby, I hate when she is sick. I dodged getting sick the last time she brought it home, but not this time. Meh. I developed congestion in my chest, then a cough and now full blown laryngitis. While losing your voice is a little bit fun (I have a good reason to not talk to people and there's the whole "sexy voice" thing from Friends - remember that episode?), it's exhausting. I can't not talk, I have a kid!  But when I try to talk I just get exhausted. It's really not fun. And now I'm getting to that post nasal drip part where there's always a tickle in your throat and you just cough all the time. That's real fun. Yep. 

Christmas music. 


The other day Jillian woke up at 5:30 hacking and decided that she didn't want to go back to sleep. In an effort to try and get her to go back to sleep we brought her in our room and put on some music. While looking for the smooth jazz station on our cable that normally works, I came across a Christmas channel and had to stop. I am now officially hooked. Normally my rule is no Christmas music (or anything Christmas, for that matter) until after Thanksgiving, but I just couldn't resist. And I loved every minute of it (even at 5:30 in the morning). And she fell back asleep! Win win!! 

OK, that's all.  Hope you have a happy Friday and a super weekend!

How about you ... Is it too early for Christmas music?  Thanksgiving plans?


No comments:

Post a Comment