Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Non-Vacation Vacation to Atlanta (Part 2)

So I left off at the recliner movie. Yeah that was nice. But I ended up with the biggest headache afterwards. Not sure if it was the fact that I had just spent hours laying down or the loudness of the movie or what but I felt like I took a bowling ball to the head. 

We made our way back to the hotel and got back around 6 or so. We had plans that evening to go to a nice dinner at The Atlanta Grill (inside the Ritz) to celebrate my birthday. However after lounging around the room and nursing my headache we both felt less and less inclined to get up, get dressed and presentable (seriously what the heck was I going to do to make my hair look somewhat normal?). We wanted steak but didn't want to get up and go anywhere. Enter room service. 


never order room service because it's just ridiculous. The price of the food is like three times normal and then they add a 20% service charge and a delivery charge and then gratuity, it's just insanery. However, room service at the Ritz-Carlton to celebrate my birthday? And I don't have to fix my hair? And I can wear the snazzy Ritz-Carlton robe while I eat? Yes please! Oh, and they threw in a free in-room movie, so it was all worth the extremely exorbitant price tag. Totally. Worth. It. 



(Pay no attention to my hair)

We dined on filet, whipped potatoes, Caesar salad, Southern banana pudding for dessert and they even threw in free popcorn for the movie. So we ate, watched Trainwreck (freakin hilariously great) and just enjoyed the fact that we had a nice meal in our jammies. Perfect way to spend my birthday eve. 

Saturday morning, my birthday, I wanted to sleep in really late since that's something we normally can't/don't do at home. We woke up at 7:30. Meh.

I wanted my birthday to be great all around so I went to the gym again to start my day off on the right foot. It was good.  Then we got dressed, packed and checked out of the Ritz. But not before I attacked the candy bar they had set up in the lobby. (so much for that workout)



I like to think they set that up in honor of my birthday, but I think that's just what they do at the Ritz? 



Free candy in the lobby.  Genius.  Nomnomnom.

After checking out, we made our way to Newnan, Georgia (about 30 miles outside they city) where the wedding was. Since the wedding wasn't until evening and there wasn't a heck of a lot to do in Newnan, we decided to go see another movie. I think I will deem this vacation the  "movie vacation." 

This turned out to be the best idea ever because we saw Steve Jobs (the movie, not the man), and it was absolutely phenomenal. So so good. I wasn't on the Michael Fassbender train before, but man, he was riveting as Steve Jobs. It was a great movie. So glad we went to see it. 

After that we had just enough time to get back to the hotel, change and make the 45 minute drive (in the rain - yes, still raining!!) to Roopville, GA to the farm where the wedding was being held. Yes, farm. I wasn't sure what to expect. 



Better hair. This is what 38 looks like. Filter required. 

We arrived just as the skies opened up, which is always awesome when you're walking into a wedding, late, with the wedding party, wet. We quickly found seats in the gorgeously decorated vintage barn with enough time for the wedding to begin. 



It was just gorgeous! 





The wedding was lots of fun. Good food, dancing, it was a nice way to spend my birthday. 





Hubs' face in this picture makes me cackle.  So funny.  Oh, and sparklers scare the bejeezus out of me. 

Sunday we woke up and it was as if Winter descended on Georgia. It was  in the 50s and raining (hey shocker!). But I was happy I finally got to wear my new plaid flannel looking shirt (it's not really flannel).



And from there we made the 7 hour journey home in torrential downpours.  It literally did not stop raining until we hit Gainesville, which is about an hour and a half from home. It was awful. Thank god I wasn't driving. 

All in all great weekend. We did nothing, but we did a lot. The goal wasn't necessarily to go all vacation mode in ATL, but rather to just enjoy some down time (and see movies) which we did. 

And as for Jillian, she had her own vacation with my in laws ...

Riding surrey bikes



Going to the corn festival (that child loves corn)



So she was loving life while we were gone. I am so glad to be home with her though.  I missed that little face!  

And that's all! Phew! 

How about you ... How was your weekend?  Did you see Steve Jobs?  (the movie, not the man)

No comments:

Post a Comment