Monday, November 30, 2015

Turkey Day Recap

Y’all I am so not feeling today – the Monday after Thanksgiving.  AKA, the first day back to work in a full week. 

I have about 927 work things I should be doing right now, but I literally cannot.  So I’m writing here instead.  Employee of the month right here.  Hee.

Our Thanksgiving week was a great one, so I’m going to share the rundown with you now.  Ready?  Go.

Clearwater
Jillian and I spent the week in Clearwater last week with my mom and dad.  Hubs had to work (he met us down there on Wednesday afternoon), so we decided to take a mini vacation and go hang out with my parents.  And we had a blast! 


We went to the children’s zoo...


The Glazer Children's Museum in Tampa... (unfortunately I only snapped one picture)


The mall (pre-Black Friday) where we rode the holiday train...


Grandma and Grandpa's backyard where Jillian learned how to place Hide and Seek.  (she's a pro at counting to ten and saying "ready or not, here I come!")


It was great.  Lots of fun, lots of running around.  It was fun to be down there for the week! 

Turkey Trot
On Thanksgiving morning my dad and I got up early to get our cardio on by running in the Tampa Bay Times Turkey Trot 5K. 


(this is actually a pic of the Turkey Trot from a few years ago, but it's an accurate portrayal of the chaos and amount of people - it's cray)
  

Like I have mentioned before, we have run this race off and on since I was in high school, and it’s kind of become a Thanksgiving tradition for the two of us, which I love.


Since I have been on the workout wagon lately, I was actually excited to run 3.1 miles and it felt great to be out there doing it.  There were two 5Ks offered this year – a timed run for those serious runners (aka, not me) and a “fun run” which was untimed.  It’s probably best to not know what my time was.  I wasn’t out there to win anything, just wanted to get some exercise.  It was a good time.

Thanksgiving

I was in charge of desserts for Thanksgiving, so on Wednesday I made a pound cake using my mom’s recipe (OMG, so delicious) and on Thanksgiving afternoon I made something I’ve wanted to try for a while – Ohana’s Bread Pudding with Bananas Foster Sauce.  Ohana is one of our favorite restaurants out at Disney at the Polynesian Resort and their dessert is the highlight of the meal every time.  I happen to own like every Disney cookbook ever made (thanks Hubs!) and this recipe was in the book Delicious Disney.  I’ve been meaning to try it, but never had the right occasion to make it, so why not try it on Thanksgiving?


All I have to say is YUM!  I was a little worried about trying a new recipe on Thanksgiving (hence the back-up pound cake), but it turned out great!  So delicious.  I really wish I hadn’t been so stuffed from dinner, I probably would have enjoyed in a little more.  Ah well, next time.  Because I will definitely be making it again!  I'll be sure to share the recipe in an upcoming post.

Our whole Thanksgiving was great.  Ran in the morning, got cleaned up, had a good breakfast, took Jillian to the park for a while and by the time we got home my in-laws were at the house.  We visited for a while and then sat down to eat.  Everything was delicious as usual.  After dinner we worked off some of our meal by running around with Jillian in the backyard and taking pictures (with a selfie stick). 



We always take our Christmas card photo on Thanksgiving Day.  Well, after countless pictures, we didn’t have that perfect one, so we gave up and just started messing around.  We had fun. 

Home
On Friday, we headed home in the afternoon.  No Black Friday shopping for us.  We just chilled on Friday evening and Saturday.  On Sunday we had lunch plans out at the new Boathouse restaurant at Downtown Disney (er, Disney Springs) with Jordyn, who was in town from LA for the weekend.  The rest of the day was spent decorating for Christmas (!!), grocery shopping, eating Thanksgiving leftovers, and getting ready for the week ahead.  Nice way to end the busy week!

All in all, great week, great holiday, great times all around.  Another Thanksgiving in the books. Now onto Christmas!!!

How about you … How was your Thanksgiving? 


No comments:

Post a Comment