Monday, December 21, 2015

What I’m Watching, Listening To and Reading

Hi there! Happy Christmas week! Hopefully your shopping is done and you're ready to rumble! I still have a bunch of stuff to do, but I have three full days to do it, so I'm hopeful! 

Thought I'd spend a little time talking about some things that I've been watching, listening to and reading.  Because hey, sharing is caring, right? 

Watching

Star Wars: The Force Awakens



Like pretty much everyone in the universe,  we saw Star Wars this weekend and WOW!  WOWO!  WOWEE!!  It was amazingly spectacular and just everything I wanted it to be.  So freakin fantastic.  I can’t wait to see it again, and then like 9 more times after that.  Seriously.

Breaking Ground - WWE Network


If you have been reading this blog for any amount of time, you know that we are wrestling fans. Yeah, I know. Don't judge.  I’m sort of enthralled by how professional wrestling works.  I mean, we all know it’s fake and it’s predetermined, but how does it all work?  How do they train for this?  Breaking Ground is a documentary-style show that goes into just this.  Narrated by William Shatner, it follows the stories of many of the wrestlers who are part of the developmental program, NXT at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando.  It’s super interesting and shows all of the crazy athleticism pro wrestlers have to go through to make it to the main WWE roster.  I strangely love it and can’t wait to watch it each week.

Listening

Serial 



I finally jumped on the Serial bandwagon.  I know, I’m late, and there’s a brand new season already going, but I’m about 4 episodes into season 1 (Adnan Syed) and, wow, it’s good.  I have to be in the mood for it though.  Usually the podcasts I listen to are happy go lucky and mindless listening.  With Serial I really need to listen and pay attention.  And it’s dark, so I have to be in the mood for that.  But so far, I am loving it.  For those who also haven’t jumped on the Serial bandwagon, Serial tells the story of a real life murder case involving the death of a Maryland teen Hai Min Lee and the case surrounding the man who was convicted of the murder, her ex-boyfriend, Adnan Syed.  It’s really interesting to hear how the case unfolds and all of the doubt on whether or not Adnan, who is currently in prison for the murder, actually did it.  It’s really interesting.  One thing, though, that annoys me about it - the music.  Those piano interludes kill me.

Reading

Winter Street by Elin Hilderbrand



I’ve been in a book funk lately.  I’ve read some good ones this year, but then kind of stalled out, so I picked The Happiness Project up again and began reading that again.  But then I got bored.  I feel like I’m reading a text book when I’m reading that, for some reason, and that defeats the purpose of reading for fun (especially when the only time I really read is right before bed).  I needed something mindless and fun, so I went with a holiday themed book by Elin Hildebrand (one of my faves) called Winter Street, which is about a family that owns a Nantucket Inn and how their Christmas shakes out.  It’s really good and puts me in the Christmas mood.  

And that’s all I’ve got for this go around of What I’m Watching, Listening To and Reading.  Exciting, right?  

Hope your Monday is going swell!  

How about you ... What are you watching, listening to and reading?


No comments:

Post a Comment