Friday, January 22, 2016

Friday Five - January 22

Hello!  It’s Friday again.  I can’t believe that.  Time is flying by way too quickly.  We have some fun stuff on tap for this weekend, so that is exciting. 

OK, enough awkward chatter, here’ the Friday Five.


1.  I have a 5K tomorrow
Yeah, I haven’t put one foot in front of the other in a running motion since the 10K (er, like three weeks ago – I suck), so this should be fun.  This 5K is part of the Track Shack Fanatic running series I signed up for last summer, so it sort of snuck up on me.  There weren’t any runs in November and December, so now I’m back at it.  I have this 5K, a 4-miler in February and a 10K in March.  Guess I’d better get on the shtick, huh?  All that said, I am actually looking forward to this run.  It’s in downtown Winter Park, an area I really like running in and it’s going to be uber cold.  Not entirely looking forward to freezing my buns off, but at least I know what I am going to wear – my outfit from last year’s Princess 10K.  Bam.


2.  Royal Rumble
It’s no secret that Hubs and I enjoy a little sports entertainment in the form of WWE wrestling.  It’s fine.  This weekend we have tickets to one of the WWEs biggest events, the Royal Rumble (their biggest, their “Super Bowl” is Wrestlemania in April, which we went to a few years ago when it was in Orlando.)


Throwback to 2008.  Wrestlemania 24 in Orlando at the Citrus Bowl.  Kim Kardashian was there.  That was before she was a thing.  And Hubs had brown hair.  Wow.  Hehe.

Anywho, WWE events are super fun.  They’re loud, there’s pyrotechnics and music and scantily clad men, it’s just fun all around.  I am really looking forward to it.  Yep.

3.  Total Divas is back!
On the same wavelength, the new season of Total Divas is back on E! 


I love this show.  It’s so dumb, but it’s so fun to see WWE Divas’ lives outside of the ring.  Not sure how much is real or scripted (I mean, Nikki and John’s relationship, I hope to God it’s better than what is portrayed on the show.  He seems like such a douche on the show), but it’s all kinds of entertaining.  And they all make me want to get up and work out and get a spray tan.  Love this show.

4.  It’s cold!
I know people in other areas of the country do not want to hear me complain about Florida’s cold snap, but we’ve had highs in the 50s this week and lows in the 30s and 40s and I am already tired of it.  It’s cold!!!  All year long we have hot weather and we dream of cooler weather, but then when it gets cold, we just want the warmth back.  Such is life. But I had to wear a coat and a scarf yesterday morning.  Ugh.



5.  Spotify
You know my love for Spotify is real because I talk about it all the time.  Today during work I was listening to my library on shuffle and some fun Disney tunes came up that just made me happy. 


The Haunted Mansion music, the music played in the ride Pirates of the Caribbean, it just made me want to skip out on work and go to Magic Kingdom.  Love Spotify.

And, just because I forgot to include it in my birthday party post, here is a fun picture that I snapped of some more décor from the party.  Hehe.  Fun with a party hat.


And that’s it!  I hope you’re off to a great start on this Friday.  Enjoy your weekend!

How about you … Any WWE fans?  Any Total Divas watchers? 

No comments:

Post a Comment