Friday, January 8, 2016

Friday Five - January 8

Happy Friday! 

By the time you read this I will be done with the Disney 10K, hooray! Hopefully I lived through it because I'm actually posting this Thursday night before the race and scheduling it to publish today. That's not really a funny joke, is it? 

Anywho, it's Friday and I remembered I had a Friday theme going, so here's my Friday five... 



1. Disney Races
Imagine that! How ever did this make the list? If you've ever read this blog you know that I do all the Disney races. All 13 of my half marathons have been Disney (World and Land) and then umpteen other Disney races (5, 10, 15K, 10 miles, relays, you name it). I love Disney, obviously, and Disney races just make me happy. Where else can you dress up like your favorite Disney character, wake up at 3am and go for a run with 20,000 other crazy people? 

Disney races through the years - from top left Disney Half 2008, Princess Half 2014, Disneyland Half 2008 (or 2007?), Disney Half 2010 (when it snowed), Princess 10K 2015, Tower of Terror 10 Miler 2013, Princess Half 2011 (?), Disney Half 2012 (my 10th half marathon), Princess Half 2012. 

I will be sure to do my race recap next week. 

2. Club Disney
Keeping with the Disney theme, I have to talk about the greatest thing we've experienced at Disney lately - Club Disney. We went to Hollywood Studios last weekend for a character breakfast and afterwards we kept seeing signs for Club Disney, so we followed the signs to a new area on the other side of Rock n Rollercoaster that I didn't even knew existed. Outside stood Daisy Duck (photo opp) greeting people. 


Inside, a kids dance club playing cool dance tunes, a big huge dance floor and Disney characters dancing with everyone. 



It was so cool!! I had such a great time watching Jillian just let loose on the dance floor. She had such a blast and the whole concept was just great for kids. And shoot, even adults. It was a nice place to sit, relax, listen to cool tunes and they even had charging stations for your phones. 


Awesomeness. 

3. The Bachelor
Season 20 of The Bachelor started this week. Have I really watched twenty seasons of this show?! Well, no, I didn't watch the first couple of seasons or that one with that Prince Lorenzo guy. Anyway, Ben the Bachelor seems super nice and normal, and the first episode did not disappoint. Every season my girlfriends and I pick a contestant to follow based on their pictures and bios on the website. And then we watch on night one to see if we picked the crazy one or the drunk one or the villain. It's quite fun. I picked Jojo. She wore a unicorn mask.  Yeah.  We'll see how far she gets. She made it past night one, so that's a plus!



4. Leftovers
I am rocking the leftovers this week. Normally one day of leftovers is enough, but that chicken and rice casserole thing I made on Tuesday is ten times better the second (and third) day. Yum!  Other honorable mentions in the leftover category: lasagna I made over the weekend and meatloaf. (Mmm meatloaf sandwiches are the best!) I need to sew my lips shut soon. All the food! 

5. Chill weekend
This weekend we have absolutely zero plans. Hubs is running the Disney Half Marathon (with zero training - he learns from me) on Saturday, so I guessing he will be completely bed ridden and unable to walk for the remainder of the weekend.  This means lots of chilling out and TV time. Works for me!  

Oh, and as I suspected, after doing 120 push ups (girl ones) during yesterday's circuit I literally want to cry when I move my arms.  Ow.

Have a great weekend!

How about you ... Are you watching The Bachelor?  Have you ever run a Disney race?

No comments:

Post a Comment