Friday, January 1, 2016

Friday Five

HAPPY NEW YEAR!  

Can you tell one of my “resolutions” is to blog more?  How am I doing so far?  I figured if I didn’t blog on the first day of the year I’d be starting the year on the wrong foot, so here I am.

So I’m starting a little something new on the bloggy on Fridays - Friday Five.  Usually I do "Friday Randomness,” which was a dumb title.  And I just don’t want to do “Friday Favorites” like every other blog on earth (although that’s pretty much what this is), so I’m doing "Friday Five" - 5 things I feel like chatting about on a Friday.  So we’ll see how this goes.  Or if I remember that I actually started a Friday theme next Friday.  Haha.  

So here we go...  


1) Shu Uemera eyelash curler
A long long time ago I bought a Shu Uemera eyelash curler because I read it was the best of the best of all the eyelash curlers.  Since I’m not fancy and can’t really tell a difference between a “good” eyelash curler and a “bad” eyelash curler, when I started using it I was like “OK, what’s the big deal?”  Fast forward a couple of years and my Shu Uemera broke (the little pad thingie fell off), so I went to Target and bought a $1 ELF eyelash curler, which by the way is a savings of $24 dollars from the Shu Uemera one.  I used the $1 eyelash curler, pinched my eyelid so badly that I cried, and promptly threw the $1 version in the garbage and ordered a new Shu Uemera.  I get it now.

2)  Mariah Carey Dreams
For Christmas from Hubs’ grandmother I received the “gift pack” of Mariah Carey Dreams perfume.  Yes, I did.  When I opened it I giggled a bit because, hello, Mariah Carey Dreams, and then thought “who could I regift this to?”  (side note: Jordyn received a similar one, but she got Britney Spears Fantasy - maybe there was a sale on bad perfume packs?)  For giggles, I opened it up and smelled it.  Um, it’s nice!  It came with a spray body oil, which is good for post shower and it smells really really good.  And then it came with a purse sized perfume spritzer.  Now I’m not saying I’m going to make this my signature fragrance or anything, but it’s nice and I will use it. 


3) Winter Stroll by Elin Hildebrand
I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I was reading Winter Street by Elin Hildebrand.  I finished it the other day and it was really good and ended in kind of a cliff hanger.  Because I knew there was a follow up called Winter Stroll, I immediately downloaded it to my Nook so that I could continue the story.  It’s so good!  


4)  Zinio for Libraries app 
Can you say FREE magazines?  Yes please!  I love magazines and I am a little guilty of subscribing to too many and then having piles of unread magazines around the house.  So I vowed to not re-subscribe to any magazines this year and just let my remaining subscriptions run out (I still have Good Housekeeping and Southern Living coming).  So yesterday, I spent a good portion of the afternoon while Jillian was napping figuring out how to get magazines for free.  Did you know if you have a library card you can sign up to download free magazines through Zinio?  You probably did, because it’s not a new thing.  But WOW!  They don’t have all of the mags I like to read (i.e., Health), but they do have some good ones (Shape, Self, Women’s Health, Family Circle).  So yesterday I read last month’s Self and this month’s Family Circle cover to cover on my iPad - for FREE.  LOVE IT!


5)  Pioneer Woman
I looove watching Pioneer Woman’s show on Food Network.  It makes me want to live on a ranch in the middle of nowhere and cook and bake all day.  Her recipes always look so good and fairly easy (or easily modified - who has time to make their own marinara?  Canned, baby!).  Anyway, since I’ve been home for what seems like WEEKS now, I’ve been catching her show often.  There is just something about watching her cook that makes me happy.  Love her.  Maybe this will inspire me to cook more in 2016?  Maybe.

Add caption
Aaaand that’s it!  Here’s hoping you’re having a fabulous Friday and fabulous first day of the year.  I started mine on the right foot with a really good workout.  Woohoo!

How about you ... How did you start off your 2016?


No comments:

Post a Comment