Tuesday, January 26, 2016

New Recipe Tuesday

Hey hey!  Another Tuesday recipe for you.  Isn’t this recipe stuff exciting? 

So, it’s been super cold here lately (well, for Florida) and even though today was warmer (high of 70!) I was in the mood for a meal that was warm and cozy – chili.  I usually only make chili when it’s cold out, because it just seems like a warm, cozy comfort food.

Up until a couple of years ago, I wasn’t a chili fan at all.  My mom-in-law made a chili mac recipe that I just fell in love with, and it’s so incredibly easy.  It only has 4 ingredients, I mean, hello! 

And full disclosure, this isn't a new-to-me recipe, I actually have two new-to-me recipes on the schedule for this week (so stay tuned!) but I had to use this turkey meat tonight, or else. So... 

Chili-O Mac!



Take some ground beef or turkey or chicken (I used turkey because I’m trying to eat a little healthier this week) and brown it up in a larger pot that you can add to (you’re going to make all of your chili in this pot). 



Once that’s all cooked up and drained, add a can of kidney beans and the magic ingredient: 



A packet of French's Chili-O seasoning. Why mess with separate herbs and spices, it's all in here! (I'm a simple girl)



Stir it all up and then add enough tomato juice to make it all juicy (I usually use ¾ of a bottle of tomato juice).  If you like real soupy chili, use the whole bottle.  I don’t, so I don’t use as much. 



Stir it all up, put a lid on it and let it simmer for about 15 minutes. 

While that’s simmering up, cook some mac.  You can do spaghetti, bow ties, penne, whatever you like.  Since it’s Chili-O MAC, I do elbow macaroni.  And since, again, I’m trying to be a little bit good, I did Hodgson Mill Whole Wheat Veggie Bows. (I hope they're good)



And then dump half the bag on the counter because you've got butter fingers. 


Clean up while it cooks. No wine for me this week. 

When it's all done and ready to go you put some pasta in a bowl, ladle on lots and lots of chili and top with cheese. 


And let that cheese melt and form a fortress of cheesy goodness over the top. I can't eat it unless it's all melty. 

And that's it! So easy and so delish!  

How about you ... What are you cooking this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment