Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Pinterest Recipe

Confession:  Yesterday’s post contained some false information.  I did NOT work out yesterday like I said I did.  I know, shame.  When I drafted my post on Sunday night I included that I worked out because I had EVERY intention of getting up and working out yesterday morning.  Every.  Intention.  However, it didn’t happen.  By the time I was up and about, the post had already published, so here I am reneging on all that.  The SHAME.  Serves me right for being ahead of the curve.  

Today, I will not make any sort of promises, because today I’m talking about food, glorious food!

I pin a bunch of stuff on Pinterest - workouts, cute hair pictures, ideas for children’s birthday parties and recipes, lots of recipes.  But up until yesterday, I had never actually made one of said recipes.  (What’s up with that?)  

While perusing Pinterest the other day, I found a recipe for Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole that sounded easy and kind of delish.  I had some chicken thighs chillin in the refrigerator that I knew I wanted to do something cool with, so I popped those in the crock pot early in the day.  (The beauty of working from home some days)

Once I was ready to start dinner, I took the chicken out and shredded it.  Then I prepared a box of Long Grain and Wild rice as according to the package and cut up an onion and heated it up on the stove.  (The recipe also called for celery, but we’re not big celery people over here)  


Once the onion was tender and the rice was ready, to the skillet with the onion I added a can of cream of chicken soup, 1/2 cup of sour cream, 1/3 cup of white wine (whatever you have, I had Riesling - you can also use chicken broth) and some basil.  Stir it all around.



Then add the cooked rice and the shredded chicken.



Stir it up, and if that’s not great enough as it is, you then put it into a baking dish and add shredded parmesan cheese to the top.  



(a food blogger I am not, these pics are horrible!)

Pop it into the oven at 350 for 35 minutes and admire the beautiful mess you made in the kitchen.



(looks cleaner than it actually was)

And, since there’s wine already out, pour yourself a glass and enjoy while the casserole bakes.  



Here is the full recipe from Better Homes and Gardens.  

The verdict:  OMG!  It was soooo good!  The casserole was moist and delicious and so stinkin tasty I had two heaping helpings, as did Hubs.  Hooray for Pinterest recipes!  Maybe I’ll make this a thing?  Pinterest recipe Monday (or whatever day I decide to be adventurous!).  Hmm...  

How about you ... Do you use Pinterest for recipes?  

No comments:

Post a Comment