Friday, February 12, 2016

Friday Five - February 12

I'm sort of impressed with myself that I've kept up with the Friday Five this long. Go me! 

Anyway, happy Friday! It's been a crazy week over here, so I am looking forward to a couple days off. So let's get to it... 


Carly Rae Jepsen 
Right now Carly Rae is getting a little bad press for her being "meh" as Frenchy in Grease Live. I haven't seen it yet, so I can't comment on that.  (It's still on my DVR, I'm waiting for some day when I have three hours to devote to it - might not be til 2018) BUT I have been listening to her new(ish) album Emotion and, holy cow, it's great! Every song is fantastic. So good. 


Puzzles 
Before about two weeks ago I hadn't done a puzzle in about 25 years. Seriously. Jillian got a large piece floor puzzle for her birthday and loves it. Like loves it so much she wants to put it together 4, 5, 6 times a day. So we capitalized on that and bought more floor puzzles. Now we own 5. 



Needless to say I've gotten really good at puzzles. And I actually really enjoy putting them together with her - even if they are meant for 3 year olds. 

New Hair
Right now I hate my hair. Like haaate it. It's longer than its been in a very long time and it feels stringy and dry and flat and I'm just so ready to cut it off. So I am. Wednesday. It can't come soon enough. Here's some hair inspiration (hairspiration?) I found on the Pinterest. 
Does anyone know how to make those beachy waves that are more bends than they are waves? Ugh, I want that! 

Regular Exercise
Drumroll ... I've worked out five days this week. Five! I haven't worked out five days in a row since ... well, I don't know when. Thank you Daily Burn for motivating me to get up! I am super pleased and I feel really good. Tomorrow: the Run 4 Love 4-miler (see how they did that?), so that'll make six days in a row. Who am I?! 



Live Workout Classes 
Daily Burn offers up a live workout every day at 9 am Eastern. I'm never around to take it live, but you can catch the day's workout on demand all the way until they do another live show. It's been eons since I took a class at a gym, so I kind of miss that whole live motivation, accountability thing you get with being in a class with an instructor, full of people. So it's been nice to be able to have that with the Daily Burn 365 workouts. And just like a class at the gym, you never know what kind of workout you're going to get - cardio, strength, tabata - it's a crap shoot. Today was a whole lot of legs, arms and abs (I opted to do 365 instead of the scary Blackfire workout), so I'm sure I'll be feeling it tomorrow. During my race. Eek. 

And that's it! Happy Friday! 

1 comment:

  1. Blackfire is awesome you should give it a try soon

    www.relaxedandhealthy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete