Friday, February 19, 2016

Friday Five - February 19

It’s Friday!  This week has been bonkers and weird, but I’m really glad that it’s Friday.  Here’s the Friday Five….


New Hair
I got my hair cut off the other day! 



I’m not sure how I feel about it yet.  Going into my appointment, I didn’t really know what I wanted to do – how short I wanted to go, bangs/no bangs, layers, etc – I just knew I had to get some of the length off because it was starting to suffocate me.  (I’m so dramatic)  So I just went with a shoulder length long bob.  I like it.  For the most part.  I still feel like I have no style, but I’m not sure what I want, so this is fine for now.  It’s short! 

Mascot Love
This week was a little weird because I was back and forth at my company’s National Sales Conference here in Orlando.  I was asked to do a very, very important job at this year’s sales conference, and while I had some doubts about it, I ended up really enjoying myself.  My role:  I was asked to play our company’s mascot.  As in wear a full bodied costume and walk around waving and taking selfies with people.  I kid you not.  I work for a very large company that has its own mascot, and every year the mascot has to make an appearance to pump people up, so they called me.  Because apparently I am that person.  15 years with the company, I was recently nominated for the company’s most prestigious award (see, I am pretty badass at work), and this is my crowning achievement.  Playing the mascot.  



Suit up!!

All that aside, I really did have fun doing it.  While the costume was not the most comfortable (the head was huge), I totally had fun with it, dancing, giving high fives, thumbs up, you name it.  I enjoyed myself.  The sweating inside the suit, not so fun, but overall I am glad to say that I did it.  And I did get to have some fun afterwards. 



Here to Make Friends – A Bachelor Recap Podcast
I found a new podcast that is sooo up my alley!  It’s called Here to Make Friends and it’s hosted by Huff Post contributors Emma Gray and Claire Fallon. I learned about it on the Happier podcast that I listen to regularly.  (Elizabeth is a fan of the Bachelor recap podcast and shared it as her gold star of the week!)  It’s pretty much everything I ever wanted in a Bachelor podcast – snark, humor and interviews with past Bachelor contestants.  It’s awesome.  There seem to be a couple of seasons of the podcast corresponding with previous Bachelor seasons, but I started at the beginning of this season (Ben’s season).  I’m only on episode three, which recaps the first Bachelor episode of this year, so I have a ways to go, but I’m enjoying every minute reliving the season through the dialogue of the podcast.  As if watching the Bachelor for two hours a week isn’t bad enough, now I’m watching two hours and listening an hour.  Yikes.


Daily Burn
Y’all, I’ve had another successful week of workouts!  This Daily Burn thing is amazing.  I worked out six days in a row last week – 5 days of Daily Burn workouts and then my 4 miler on Saturday.  And this week I have worked out 5 days again.  Wow.  I truly believe the variety of workout is what is keeping me motivated.  I love love love it.  Here’s what I’ve done this week so far:

Monday – Cardio Sculpt (a little bit of strength a little bit of cardio)
Tuesday – Pilates Classic 1
Wednesday – Ran for 30 minutes then did Metcon 7 Lower Body and a Pilates Stretch class
Thursday – Pilates Classic
Friday – Daily Burn 365


Daily Burn on my iPad

I so enjoy waking up and wondering what my workout is going to be (I set a class schedule for myself on Sunday, but I don’t know what the workouts entail), so this is definitely a good thing to keep me interested, since I’ve been struggling with being motivated by working out lately.  Hooray!  

Oh no!  That's only four.  Ah well, that's all I can muster up.  Hope your Friday is fab!  

1 comment:

  1. I like the shorter bob, but you may want to add layers into it so that you can get some volume. I keep my hair a little shorter than your new bob and my stylist puts layers into it so that it doesn't sit flat on my head. Then I blow dry my hair upside down and use a straightening iron to get rid of the fuzz.
    I LOVE my hair stylist. I walk in with no clue what I want and let her do what she wants. I always end up with a great style and color.

    ReplyDelete