Wednesday, February 17, 2016

New Recipe Wednesday

So I think new recipe Tuesday has morphed into new recipe Wednesday now. It's been a busy week already over here! 

I have a new recipe to share with you that I actually made two weeks ago now. I totally forgot about it until I was going through pictures on my phone and found pics from when I made it. Oops. 

This one isn't a Tasty internet recipe, it's a legit Giada recipe. Because she's fancy. 



Giada's Spinach Pasta (there may be a fancier name for this, but I just call it Giada's Spinach Pasta) 

First, cook up some bow tie pasta. 

In a separate pan, heat up some olive oil and melt in a squeeze of anchovy paste. 

OK, so I had no problem with the anchovy paste, but Hubs straight up refused to eat anything involving anchovy anything (especially paste), so I left it out. Looking back, I think this was a crucial ingredient. More on that later. 

After you melt in the anchovy paste, add three cloves of garlic and dissolve that into the oil. Add 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes and then 3 cups of spinach.


Let it wilt, let it wilt ... and then add a pinch of saaaalt. (To the tune of Let It Go)

Then - here's where it gets interesting - add half a cup of breadcrumbs. 


Stir it around and then add the bow tie pasta. Stir some more. 


Oh and add a crap load of Parmesan. (Giada's words exactly)

Top with some more olive oil and then some more parm. 

And that's it! 


(Sorry I'm a terrible photographer) 

The verdict: Meh. It was really kind of bland. I think the anchovy paste would have added a lot of flavor, so next time I will either sneak in the anchovy paste (without Hubs knowing) or add something like Caesar dressing for a little more flavor (I make a mean Caesar chicken).  It would also be good with chicken added to it. Lots of options. 

Yay cooking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment