Monday, February 15, 2016

Run 4 Love 4-Miler

On Saturday I ran the Run 4 Love 4 miler.


2016 is shaping up to be the year of races given the number of races I've run in the past few weeks. For those keeping track, this is my fourth race in six weeks. Not too shabby for someone who hasn't really been doing a lot of working out lately.

While I did exactly zero running the week leading up to the race, I did get in five good workouts on Daily Burn, so I felt pretty good going into the race. 


My goal was 2/2 intervals again. I was a little worried about keeping it up for 4 miles considering the last 5K I did was a challenge and I ended up walking most of it because I just "wasn't in the mood" to run. I was a little worried that this would happen again.

Thankfully, it didn't. This was a great race! The temperature was great (almost 60), the whole course was perfectly flat and wound through wooded, shaded neighborhoods, and I just felt good throughout. I ran when my app told me to run and walked when it told me to walk, for the entire four miles. I surprised myself! 


If I can keep up the momentum, I will be in pretty good shape for next month's 10K, the Winter Park Road Race! Woo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment