Monday, February 29, 2016

Weekend Fun

Happy Monday! 

This is a weird week for me because I’m only working Monday and Tuesday and then I’m off for the rest of the week – which is so fantastic I can’t even put it into words! 

We had a fun filled weekend that included lots of time outside, which was so great considering the weather was perfection. 

On Saturday we woke up and decided that we needed to get out of the house and do something fun.  So we went to Epcot!  They are gearing up for their annual Flower and Garden Festival (or as I like to call it “Food and Wine Festival Light”), so we got to see a lot of the beautiful Disney-themed topiaries while we were there.  The Festival officially begins this coming weekend. 

We had a blast and made it a day full of meeting characters and taking full advantage of free Photo Pass downloads with our annual pass.




Jillian loved meeting Daisy and Donald.

And since Frozen is super hot in our house right now (OMG, my child can sing and act out Do You Want To Build a Snowman? to a tee), she was tickled to see Anna and Elsa topiaries in Norway.


We made it around the world and then made our way home.  It was a great day! 

That evening, in hopes of getting at least one Oscar movie under my belt before the Oscars on Sunday, we rented The Martian.  Holy cow, that movie was fantastic!  I loved every second.  And geez, can you even imagine being stranded on Mars?  The whole time I was like “can you even imagine if that actually happened to you?!”  No, no I can’t.  This is why I’m not an astronaut.

In addition to The Martian, I also watched the first episode of Fuller House, because I was super curious. 


I loved Full House as a kid, so I wanted to see if they kept that same level of super sweet corniness in the reboot.  And yep, they did.  It was so corny and so super saccharine sweet, I cringed more than a few times.  That level of cheese was great for the 90s, not so much for 2016.  But, I think that’s what they were going for, so it’s okay. 

Anyway, I was curious of the backstory – what happened to DJ, what happened to Kimmie, are Danny and Uncle Jesse going to be in all the episodes, how’s all that going to work?  So many questions!  I’m happy to say that all of my questions were answered in the first episode and now I really don’t have to watch the rest of the show (but I probably will). 

And another thing I couldn’t get over during the whole episode was:  DJ and Kimmie are almost 40!  40!  How old does that make me?!  First off, they look exactly the same as they did in the 90’s (actually better), and they don’t at all look almost 40.  But they are, and that was hard to grasp during the show.  I don’t know why.  Maybe because I’m so close in age to them (they’re older than me, for the record).  I dunno, but I thought about it the whole episode. 

OK, enough about Fuller House.

Sunday we had plans to go out to Downtown Disney for lunch at Wolfgang Puck’s.  It was another gorgeous day, so we spent time wandering around Downtown Disney…er, Disney Springs (I’m never going to get on board with that) after lunch.  It was a nice afternoon.

And then the rest of the day was Oscar related – watching the red carpet, oohing and aahing over the dresses, watching the show live.  There are few awards shows I watch live (because I hate watching anything live, with commercials ) – the Golden Globes, the Emmys and the Oscars.  It’s like I’m completely enthralled and have to watch it live because I’m afraid I’m going to miss something.  So 3.5 hours my butt was glued to the couch.  It was lovely. 

And that’s our weekend in a wordy nutshell!  

No comments:

Post a Comment