Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Castaway Cay 5K (eee!)

Two days from now Hubs and I will be aboard the Disney Magic for a 3-night jaunt to the Bahamas and I am super excited! 


This picture gets me uber excited.

Hubs and I are calling this our “research” cruise because we’re going on the Disney cruise again in September (the Dream) with Jillian and our whole family, so we wanted to check things out before we went with everyone.  Nice of us to do this type of “research,” huh?  Haha.

One of the things I am excited to do on this cruise isn’t lounging in a beach chair, or eating 5-star cuisine (although I am definitely looking forward to both of those things too), it’s participating in the Castaway Cay 5K.  Yeah!  I’m planning on doing a 5K on Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay!  They offer a 5K “fun run” the morning we dock in Castaway Cay and I think that sounds fantastic.  When else can I say I’ve run a race on a private island? 


It’s free and you get swag – a medal, a race number, all the fun stuff a geeky Disney runner like myself loves.  So I am really looking forward to it. 

Plus it’s a great “training” run for my impending 10K on March 12th.  Yeah, that’s the week after the cruise – great timing.  I’m not looking to run my best race ever (hello, “fun run”), but it’ll be a fun way to start the morning off the day we’re in Castaway Cay. 

To “condition” – which is code for “get in the best swim suit shape you can in a very limited amount of time” – I’m still rockin the Daily Burn every day, and I’ve thrown some running into the mix as well this week.  Here’s my plan for the week:

Monday
40 minute run/walk, Pilates stretch

Tuesday
Pilates Classic 1

Wednesday
40 minute run/walk, bikini butt (cuz, you know)

Thursday
Pilates Classic 1

Friday
CRUISE

Saturday
Castaway Cay 5K

Sunday
REST


Not too shabby, eh?  

No comments:

Post a Comment