Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Crunching 100 with Chobani

As I mentioned last week, I am firmly and happily ensconced on the workout train again.  I’ve been off and on the train so often lately, that I sort of felt like I would never get back to a life where workouts happened every day. I’m really hoping this sticks.  Well, it has to, I have a half marathon to train for that is rapidly approaching (what did I get myself into?!). 

Working out regularly makes me feel amazing, but pairing that with a healthier eating is what makes me feel like Super Kerry (and makes me sing Jordyn’s “Get Your Cape On” song over and over in my head!).    If I could just get both of those things going at the same, I think I’d be Super Kerry.  

One way that makes it easier for me to eat healthier, is to make good-for-me foods feel like they’re a treat, and that’s where Chobani Simply 100 Crunch comes in!   

Look at me, I’m partnering with Chobani! 

I’m tickled pink about this because I love Chobani Greek Yogurt – and now in addition to the amazing flavors they currently offer in their Simply 100 line...




...they now have Chobani Simply 100 Crunch, which combines creamy yogurt with crunchy add-ins that make it more like dessert than a 100-calorie snack.  How does Blueberry Cookie Crumble sound to you?  Or Mango Cone Crisp or Strawberry Chocolate Truffle?  Yeah, I know, me too.  Delish! 


Chobani Simply 100 Crunch is the first 100-calorie Greek Yogurt snack with mix-in ingredients made with only natural, non-GMO ingredients - so you know it’s all kinds of good.  And it’s only 100 calories, so you can indulge and not feel bad about it, or feel like you have to run a half marathon to burn off the calories you just ate. 

Which got me thinking about different ways I could burn 100 calories.  Most people think a typical workout torches hundreds and hundreds of calories, but that’s not necessarily true.  Sometimes it’s a little humbling to look at how long you have to do something to burn 100.  So I “crunched” some numbers (ha, get it?) and here are a couple of examples… 

Running 9 minutes at a 6 mph pace. 
OK, well, we all know I can’t even fathom running at a 6 mph pace.  That’s too fast for me.  So I’m sure for me to burn 100 calories running “my way” would take like 20 minutes.  At least. 

24 minutes of Pilates.
As you know I’m all about the Pilates right now, so I’m happy to know that in my typical 24 minute workout I’m burning 100.  But it feels like so much more! 

Lifting weights vigorously for 15 minutes.
I’m not sure what constitutes “vigorous” weight lifting, but I’m pretty sure I’m not burning 100 when I do my Pinterest arm workouts.

Carrying an infant for 24 minutes.
How about carrying around a 33 pound toddler?  Or tossing a 33 pound toddler in the air (this is great for the arms)?  Or playing airplane with a very tall 3 year old.  I’m sure that counts for extra credit, right?

And then on the flip side, sometimes it’s a little surprising to see how easy, everyday tasks can easily torch 100.  Here are a few more examples from our friends at Chobani:


Cooking for 34 minutes?!  This falls right in line with New Recipe Tuesday!  Minus the wine of course.

So whichever activity you choose – whether it’s walking the dog, cooking or running a half marathon (which burns WAY more than 100 calories, no matter how slow you are) – remember that Chobani Simply 100 Crunch is a yummy, guilt-free way to eat something good for you that tastes like dessert!  And who doesn’t love dessert as a mid-morning or mid-day snack?

Thank you so much to Chobani for inviting me to talk about their delicious products!  I’m gonna go make myself a Chobani smoothie featured on their website!  

No comments:

Post a Comment