Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter Weekend Highlights

Hello and happy Monday.  I am not sure how it’s already Monday again, I feel like the weekend just flew by.  We had a nice weekend over in these parts, so I thought I’d do the whole recap your weekend in bullets thing…

Friday night fun time
Just kidding, Friday night we literally hung out on the couch and watched an old episode of American Idol (we’re a few behind).  We are wild and crazy.

Saturday girls shopping trip

We are currently in the process of converting Jillian’s room to a “big girl room.”  Gone is the crib/toddler bed (sniffle).  She now has a full-size (double) bed with a headboard and adorable bedding that I found on Overstock.com (pictures forthcoming).  Now I’m just trying to channel my inner interior decorator and decorate the rest of the room.  So where else to go but Homegoods!  Jillian and I went to Homegoods and Target (two stores I could easily spend all of my money in) on Saturday afternoon looking for fun things to decorate her walls, her dresser, etc.  Of course I didn’t take any pictures that day, or take any pictures of the stuff we bought, so stay tuned.  But we had a blast with our “girls only” shopping trip.  

Easter basket making

After our shopping trip, Jillian conked out, which gave me time to put together her Easter basket.  


Yeah, I’m the mom that puts a little bit of candy and then toothbrush/toothpaste in the Easter basket.  Haha.  She is currently obsessed with brushing her teeth, so it was really a no brainer.  And then favorites of hers, like yogurt, cheesy poofs, cotton candy and books.  Fun.

Easter Sunday
On Easter Sunday we woke up bright and early to see what the Easter bunny had brought.  She was really excited about her books (and her toothpaste and chocolate).


Soon after we got cleaned up and headed to church.




And then after church we had a big meal at our house.  I made pork tenderloin that turned out absolutely phenomenal (not too toot my own horn or anything, but it was amazing), cheesy potatoes, french onion green beans and cornbread.  And then my mom’s pound cake for dessert.  Needless to say everything was delicious and I ate way too much.


After that, an Easter egg hunt in the backyard.



And then a few rounds of hide and seek before my in-laws left.  It was a great day! 

Monday
This morning I have every intention of getting up and going running, but it just did not happen.  Blerg.  I really wanted to get a run in today because I haven’t run in … a while (the Saturday before last?) and that pesky half marathon is coming up soon.  Ah well, back on track tomorrow.


And my random question of the day, why does an $0.85 fountain Diet Coke make me soooo happy in the morning?  


Hope your Monday is a great one!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment