Friday, March 25, 2016

Friday Five - March 25

Well, hello!  I’m still here.  It’s been a busy week (Spring Break) and I just haven’t had time to check in and say hello, so I’m doing it now! 


Spring Break in Clearwater
Jillian was off of school this week, so her and I headed down to my parents' house in Clearwater to have a little fun.  Unfortunately the weather at the beginning of the week wasn’t very Spring Break-y (highs in the low 60s, lows in the 50s), but by the end of the week it had warmed up to the upper 80s again.  Weird.  Anyway, we had a lot of fun.  I worked Monday and Tuesday while Jillian went to the park...


rearranged my mom's photos (multiple times)...


 got a haircut (while sitting in a car!)... 



had a playdate next door, twirled around and sang Let It Go in her new Elsa dress, etc.  


She had a blast hanging at Grandma and Grandpa's house. 

Zoo
On Wednesday we took a trip to the Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa for a little fun.


Our zoo photos were priceless.  This is just a small sampling of the gems they took.  We ended up buying all of the digital images because they were just too hilarious and awesome to not get.

Lowry Park Zoo is a huge zoo in Tampa and one I haven’t been to since, maybe, college?  It’s been a long time and it’s really evolved over the years.  We bought a one day ticket, which allows us admission for the rest of the year (sweet!), so we will definitely be going back.  We meandered around the zoo and saw lots of animals, and then wandered over to the area where you could feed the giraffes.


Yes, I said feed the giraffes.  For $5 you could walk right up and be face to face with a giraffe and feed it lettuce.


It was so cool.  I wanted to feed it, but we let Jillian do all of the feeding. 

After the giraffe feeding, we headed over to the children’s area that had a carousel, a little roller coaster and a splash area.  Mental note: next time bring Jillian’s bathing suit. 



We had a blast at the zoo.  It’s been so long since I’ve been to a real zoo.  We go to Animal Kingdom at Disney all the time, but that’s “nahtazu” (ha, remember those ads?), so it was nice to go to a real zoo and see the sights and the animals.  Like I said, we’ll definitely be going back soon!

Cinnamon Bears
I went shopping for Jillian’s Easter basket goodies the other day at Target and had a hankering for cinnamon bears.  I looooove me some cinnamon bears.  They are so dangerous though.  I (stupidly) bought 3 packs of them (one for Jillian’s basket, two for me) and plowed through them while I was in Clearwater.  No more cinnamon bears for me for a while.  They’re so stinkin delicious though.



Sleep
Don’t you hate when you can’t get to sleep at night?  Ugh, I get so angry and frustrated when I can’t sleep, it drives me bonkers.  Last night was my first night back at home in my bed, and I was so looking forward to a nice, uninterrupted night of sleep because I was exhausted from our trip home.  I fell asleep around 11 and woke up at 11:10 for some reason.  And then I couldn’t get back to sleep.  UGGGH!  It then took me almost two and a half hours to fall back asleep!  Seriously, I was a crazy person.  I was so sleepy, but I just could not fall back asleep.  I hate that!

Workouts
I worked out Monday and Tuesday and then had grand plans to run on Wednesday and do Pilates on Thursday, but that didn’t happen.  Meh.  Spring Break.  I’ll get back on track this weekend.  For this week, here’s what I did:

Monday
Butt Hips and Thighs on Daily Burn (ooh, I was sore for a couple days after)

Tuesday
Pilates Classic I

Wednesday
Walked around the zoo…?  That counts, right?


Have a fantastic weekend!  And for those celebrating Easter – enjoy!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment