Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Failing Miserably

So, I am failing miserably at this whole “getting ready for the half marathon” thing. 

I’m t-minus 3.5 days away from the Star Wars Dark Side half marathon and all of the things I said I was going to do this week to prepare, I really haven’t.  What things?  Things like:

Drinking water like it’s my job
Nope.  Not so much.  I’m drinking some, but not all of the water like I planned.  I will up my consumption on Friday and of course Saturday, but for now it’s Diet Coke city.  Meh.

Eating better
Yeah, no.  I cannot get the healthier eating going at all.  I don’t know what is up with me but I am all about the snacks this week.  And not healthy good snacks like fruit and nuts and that kind of stuff.  Sigh.  So snacky.

Running
I did run on Monday and it was good.  I was supposed to get up today to run, but I was so comfy cozy this morning after sleeping 10 HOURS (yes, 10 hours, I can’t even believe it, Jillian fell asleep uber early last night which means I did too!) I just couldn’t get up.  Oh well.  I have one or two more opportunities to run before Sunday, so I’m gonna make it happen. 

Pilates
I’m actually good on this.  My plan was to do Pilates three times this week to keep my core in check so that I didn’t have dumb lower back pain during the race.  I usually do Pilates on Tuesday and Thursday and one weekend day, so I’m on track.

Attire
I still haven’t figured out what I’m wearing.  I know what I’m wearing on the bottom – my fave black running capris and my black sparkle skirt from Sparkle Athletic.  And I know what I’m wearing on my head – my black sparkle visor from Sparkle Athletic (no crazy head gear like I usually rock).  But my shirt is still a toss up between my Princess Leia “aren’t you a little slow for a Storm Trooper?” top (the irony!) or an old school Star Wars shirt I found on clearance at Target.  My vision was to be dressed in all black for this race, since it’s the “Dark Side” half marathon.  I dunno.  I haven’t tried on my full outfit yet, so I’m just not sure.  What do you think?


I really, really wish I was better shape for this half marathon.  I know, story of my life right?  I always do this – I sign up when I’m gung ho and in good shape and then time goes by and I lose momentum, and then by the time the race rolls around I don’t feel fully ready.  That’s just how I roll, I guess.  And it always turns out fine in the end, I’ve always finished and I’ve never had any sort of mishap or injury due to lack of training, so I am really lucky.  But still, I wish I could get it together and keep it together so that I feel really prepared and ready on race day.  Ah well, I’m just going to go out and make this the best race it can be.  I’ll be relying heavily on race day adrenaline and excitement and that’s usually enough to get me there, so bring it!  

1 comment:

  1. I like the vintage Star Wars shirt. Good luck on the 1/2 marathon.
    This is "The Phantom of the Opera" week for us. Lizzy is Meg Giry (principal ballerina and Christine's best friend) in the High School production of the show. This is not a typical high school production. These kids are amazing! Every one of them can sing opera! I'm so proud of Lizzy. She sings opera in the show, dances en pointe, and acts. Wish I could post a clip, but I can't.
    Enjoy the 1/2 marathon. I have 3 Phantom shows to see this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete