Friday, April 8, 2016

Friday Five - April 8

Howdy! It's been another one of those weeks where I've had little time to stop by and say hi. For no particular exciting reason, just general work and life stuff. 

But I'm here now because I didn't want to miss a Friday Five! 



1. Downtown by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
I know this song is a little old at this point, but it popped up on my Spotify recently and duuuuude, this song is so much fun!  At first I was like "what the hell is going on in this song?!" (there is so much going on!), and then I listened to it agin and again (and again) and it's now my jam. If I were ever a celebrity and I was on Lip Sync Battle, this would be my song, for sure. So good. Just added it to my half marathon playlist for next week. Click here to watch the video, because I can't get it to embed here.  

2.  Getting excited for the Star Wars half marathon!



Why? I'm no where close to being ready to run/walk 13.1 miles, but I'm excited for a couple of reasons: 

1. A new race course!! As you know I've run all of the Disney half marathons in Florida, multiple times. And every time it's the same old boring course that goes from Epcot to Magic Kingdom and back. Running through the castle is fun the first time and maybe even the second time, but after that it's kind of like "can we run somewhere else?!" I mean Disney property has miles and miles and miles of land, lets go somewhere new. When they created the Wine and Dine a few years ago they switched it up and created a course that started at Wide World of Sports, and then stopped in Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios and ended at Epcot. I never ran that full half marathon, but I did both legs of the relay (on separate occasions). The Star Wars is a reverse of the Wine and Dine course, starting at Epcot, weaving through the Boardwalk, to Hollywood, up to Animal Kingdom and ending at Wide World of sports. I'm really kind of excited about this. 

2. Race photos will be taken by Disney Photo Pass (the same people who take pictures in the parks). This means that race photos will be available on the My Disney Experience app after the race. And for passholders those pics are FREE to download! (I think that holds true for this) You know my race pics are always gems, so I'll be able to share them with you. Oh yeah!!  Here's a gem from ... some race, I can't remember which.

                        

3. 5K
I signed up for a 5K yesterday.  It’s less than a week after next week’s half marathon, but the description had me totally intrigued:

Discover Genius Drive in Winter Park. This privately owned glimpse of old Florida is opened to the public only once a year, for this event.

After reading that and seeing the pictures of the gorgeous course, I kind of had to sign up.  So yeah, another 5K on the calendar.  On the heels of a half marathon, no problem.

4. American Idol finale
American Idol ended last night after 15 seasons.  It’s the end of an era, and it’s a little bit sad.  American Idol has been a huge fixture in our house since the beginning (it sort of brought Hubs and I together – that’s how we really started talking back in 2002 – sheesh that was a long time ago!), and with the exception of one season (season 14), we watched every.single.episode.  The finale last night was absolutely awesome and brought back many, many Idol contestants from the last 15 years.  Some we remembered quite well, and some we were like “oh wow, where has that person been?” or “who is that?”  It was awesome and a great way to end the series.  I didn’t really care who won season 15 last night because both were spectacular throughout the season, so I was totally fine with who won (if not a little bit shocked).  But I would be lying if I said I didn’t shed a little tear or two during the look backs or the performances or at the very end where Ryan Seacrest said goodnight for the final time (seriously, what are we going to do without Ryan Seacrest on TV?).  It was a huge part of my life and even though I haven’t been that into in a few seasons, I am still going to miss it a bunch.

5. Workouts
Workouts are back in my life!  After a week and a half of laziness, I am happy to say I worked out 5 days in a row this week.  Hurrah!  Makes me feel so good, and so stupid for not working out for the last week and a half.  Dur.  I should know this by now, shouldn’t I?  Here’s what I did.

Monday
30 minute run/walk, some random strength exercises

Tuesday
Pilates Classic I (via Daily Burn)

Wednesday
40 minute run/walk, Pilates Stretch and Bikini Butt (via Daily Burn)

Thursday
Pilates Class I and LUC 180 (which I learned means Lower, Upper, Core, a ha!)

Friday
Daily Burn Total Body

Tomorrow I have a run planned and Sunday is a rest day (or I may switch that since we have plans for Disney tomorrow morning).  Proud of myself for getting back to it.  Now the eating part… that was a big fat fail this week.  I love food too much, and my damn Cinnamon Bear obsession is out of control.  BAH!  I’ll get there.


That’s it!  Hope you have a fabulous weekend planned!  

No comments:

Post a Comment