Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Weekend Things

Hi there!  I totally meant to check in yesterday and that just didn’t happen.  So here I am today, after noon, to say hello and talk about some weekend highlights.  Excitement!

Friday night dinner
Saturday was my in-laws 40th wedding anniversary, so we celebrated on Friday night with them by going to a new-to-us Asian restaurant.  It was just okay (the food, not the company), but we had a very nice time hanging with Hubs’ parents.  On Saturday Jillian and I made a fun Jib Jab for them for their anniversary. 


This was a music video of my in-laws singing "I've Got You Babe."  I love Jib Jab.

Special Delivery
I may have graduated to fancy Birchbox, but I still receive my quarterly Walmart Beauty Box.  I actually forgot all about it (since it only comes quarterly), so I was really excited to see that it came in the mail on Friday.  I love freebies!  (OK, I know it’s not really free)  This box had some great stuff in it:  trial sized versions of Cetaphil, Jergens Wet Skin moisturizer (which I’ve always wanted to try), Dove body wash, Curel lotion, Roc Correxion cream, Banana Boat sunscreen, a full sized Colgate Optic White toothpaste and a full size Neutrogena Moisture Stick lipstick.  Nice! 



Jillian’s big girl room
We had plans with friends to go to Disney, but it rained non-stop all day on Saturday, so we postponed our plans to this coming weekend and I took the opportunity to finish up Jillian’s room.  As I mentioned before, we moved her crib out and moved a big girl bed in.  Over the last couple of weeks we’ve been collecting/buying décor (wall decals, old/new artwork, a new bookshelf, etc) to complete her room and I was so excited to have it all finished up on Saturday afternoon.



New Shopping
On Sunday we escaped the house and made our first trip to the Container Store.


I’ve stayed away from the Container Store because I was afraid my head would explode upon entering.  So many amazing, cool options for home organization is just too much for me.  I always maintained that I needed a purpose to go there, like “I’m looking for x and I will only go there to buy x”, otherwise I was afraid I’d buy anything and everything that looked cool (and they have a lot of cool stuff).  I’m happy to report that we perused the aisles and looked at everything, and I didn’t go crazy.  But it gave me a lot of ideas.  What I did buy was a really pretty filebox and hanging file folders for a project I want to do for Jillian that I read about in The Happiness Project (yeah, I’m still reading it, off and on, but I’m almost done… four years later).  We followed it up with a trip to IKEA.  It was too much fun.

Wrestlemania/Fun new recipes
Sunday night was Wrestlemania – the Super Bowl of wrestling.  And like Super Bowl, we did it up food-style!  I made two new-to-us recipes that I found on the Tasty Facebook page that centered around BBQ chicken because I had some pulled chicken in the fridge that was begging to be used.  So BBQ Chicken Nachos were born.


And so were BBQ Chicken Roll Ups!



Both were just okay.  A little dry, not as much flavor as I was hoping for.  I had higher hopes.  Ah well, back to the drawing board. 

The rest of the night was spent watching the Wrestlemania spectacle and doing some things around the house.  Nice and relaxing. 

Planning for the week
After a week and a half of no working out (bad, bad), on Sunday night I sat down and made a list of what I wanted to accomplish this week – workout-wise and eating-wise.  I’ve been eating like crap lately and not working out, which is a dumb combination and definitely not something I need to be doing less than two weeks from a half marathon.  So, I made a plan to run 4 times this week (Mon, Wed, Fri and Sat), do Pilates 3 times this week  (Tues, Thur, Sat) and get some Daily Burn lower body workouts in to strengthen my lower half for the race (whenever I have time).  And I made a plan to eat cleaner – less bread, less sweets, more fruit and lots more water (because I think I’ve only drank Diet Coke for the last week).  I feel better already! 


And that’s it!  How was your weekend?  

No comments:

Post a Comment